30th Anniversary Instruments
Paying tribute to the "Golden State" that's inspired us for three decades and counting.
All 30th anniversary guitars begin with a submersion redwood soundboard. These rare tops were salvaged from redwood trees lost to alpine logging rivers for several hundred years. As a result of contact with cold, mineral-rich waters, these master grade soundboards display dynamic coloration and provide phenomenal tone and presence. The series' one-of-a-kind rosette is patterned after the dramatic, angular lines of redwood bark and inlaid with green abalone heart, sourced off California's coast.
The back and sides are composed of master grade Brazilian rosewood, hand-selected by master luthier Kevin Ryan from his private reserve. The guitar features green abalone heart purflings sourced off the California coast and ebony binding.
We've cut the ducktail (back of headstock) on this instrument from a California redwood burl and fitted the headstock with our custom black chrome super 510 machines. We've appointed the front of the headstock with a custom laser-sculpted truss rod cover, similarly cut from a California redwood burl and inlaid with reconstituted stone.
The crowning element of our 30th anniversary theme is a 12th fret inlay based on an illustration we comissioned from one of our favorite illustrators, Steve Thomas. The inlay depicts the Central California coast framed by towering redwood trees and majestic skies. The scene is composed of brown lip oyster, green abalone, figured mother-of-pearl, blue paua, pink abalone, black pearl, and gold pearl with gold pearl border, fretboard purfling and position markers.
Each edition of our anniversary guitar theme also features:
- The full suite of Ryan innovations including:
- extended scale length
- low profile neck
- engineered laser-cut bracing scheme with acoustic honeycomb
- Ryan bevel and acoustic flutes
- UV-cured diamond gloss finish
- Oxbone saddle with CNC-milled string compensation
- Your choice of any of the five models we build.
- Your choice of venetian (soft) or florentine (sharp) cutaway.
- A custom commemorative flight case made by Hoffee Cases.
- A signed copy of our soon-to-be-released 30th anniversary commemorative book.**
- A limited edition commemorative poster signed by Kevin Ryan and illustrator Steve Thomas.** (**will ship separately)
Price: $30,000 USD
To reserve one of these twelve anniversary-themed guitars, please contact us.
Your purchase reserves one of twelve build slots we're dedicating to this special theme. Please note quantities are limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot guarantee product to all interested parties. Current restrictions on shipping Brazilian rosewood overseas prohibit us from shipping these instruments outside the U.S.